[Dovecot] Authentication to Active Directory

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Tue Mar 15 16:16:48 EET 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:25:51AM +0000, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> Has anybody managed to have Dovecot authenticate to Microsoft Active
> Directory?
>
> I've tried to get it to work using LDAP and the following settings
[...]
> I've also tried things like "(&(objectClass=sAMACcountName)(cn=%u))" to
> no avail. It appears to bind properly, but never finds the account, so
> login fails.

If it doesn't find the account then it means it either didn't bind properly
or the filter expression is wrong.

Try to find the right expression manually using ldapsearch first.

Regards,
--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling