[Dovecot] (no subject)

Gabriel Granger gabe at pancentric.com
Tue Mar 15 16:36:47 EET 2005

Hi All,

Bit the bullet last night and switched off UW-IMAP and turned on
Dovecot.  With any migration I've got some teething problems and hoping
someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I tested the system using apple's Mail.app which worked fine, no
problems at all, but it seems that most of my users are getting
problems, i suspect Mail.app is hiding these messages from me.  All my
users are using ThunderBird 1.0 lastest stable release.  Some messages
in their IMAP folders are producing the following error.

The current command did not succeed. The
mail server responded: Error in IMAP command
UID: Invalid BODY[_] parameter: Missing '>' in
'<16384.-14781>'.

it occurs on the same messages in the users email client but happens
randomly, it does not stop you from viewing the message, its just pops
up with this error.  I'm current using IMAP over SSL and using mbox not
maildir for IMAP

Any ideas or hep would be great as I'd rather not have to roll back out
to UW-IMAP

Gabe