[Dovecot] emulating courier imap

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 15 23:30:16 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 11:58 -0500, Geo Carncross wrote:
> I'm trying this:
>
> default_mail_env = maildir:%h/.maildir:INDEX=%h/.indexes:INBOX=%
> h/.maildir
> namespace private {
>         separator = .
>         prefix = INBOX.
>         inbox = no
> }
> namespace private {
>         separator = .
>         prefix =
>         inbox = yes
>         hidden = yes
> }
>
> but dovecot doesn't appear to be honoring "hidden" - am I missing
> something? (that is, all my folders appear twice- one under INBOX, the
> other under root)

I'm not sure if your patch is exactly correct for this. The LIST code is
pretty strange in how it works and I think I've finally gotten it right,
changing something might break it.. Even though only with such
hidden=yes prefix="" special case..

Anyway, I'll try to look at the code soon to make sure it does what it's
supposed to and add a few comments there..

> I tried without the second segment, and makign the first one "inbox=yes"
> - but then I got two inboxes...

That's the way it should be done. With two inboxes do you mean INBOX and
INBOX.INBOX? This is a bug, I'll get that fixed too.