[Dovecot] Dovecot and Oracle

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 16 20:28:40 EET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:18 -0400, celtita wrote:
> Is posible the dovecot valide user/pass a Oracle Database in Solaris?

Dovecot doesn't yet directly support Oracle, and looks like there's no
Oracle PAM plugin either. So, no.

It wouldn't necessarily take a lot of time to code though, especially
because I have beginnings of a plugin for Dovecot which stores mails in
Oracle (although it's 2 years old or something). Using that code and
existing mysql/pgsql drivers as a base for src/lib-sql/driver-oracle.c
(for 1.0-stable/test releases) wouldn't be too difficult even if you
don't know anything about Oracle.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do it. Maybe you could try to find
someone else. The Oracle plugin can be found from
http://dovecot.org/tmp/oracle.tar.gz