[Dovecot] strange email client problems

Gabriel Granger gabe at pancentric.com
Mon Mar 21 13:32:43 EET 2005

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your reply,

Closing the email client doesn't kill the process, it does sometimes
but normally have to wait a while (5mins or more).  When you refer to
CPU load are you talking about on the server itself? if so I don't
believe it is.  I will check next time this happens.

  My largest users mailbox file is 200Mb with the total disk space used
by all their mail folders is 6GB.  Is there any information regarding
limits on what is a safe maximum size for a mailbox folder?  I try to
get my users to keep their inboxes under 200 messages or 50Mb.
Currently I'm gettting my heavy users to reduce their inboxes from
150Mb down to something sensible.

As for the the version of Dovecot I'm running its 1.0-stable on
linux(SuSE 9.1, tho I wish it was a debian box) a 1U Intel P4 2.4 1GB
DDR 2 * SATA 250 Drives running RAID 1.

Regards

Gabe