Fw: [Dovecot] Auto Create Folders

Chris L. Franklin cfranklin at nomadcf.com
Mon Mar 21 20:31:23 EET 2005

>> the problem might be: what would your mta do if:
>> 1. the user never logged in via imap

 okay, so then they would never get there mail ?
 I guess I don't see where your going with this problem.

>> 2. therefor no folders were created by dovecot

 .... Ok ??

>> 3. it has to deliver a spam message to the spam folder.

 Your right the filter would put it into the spam folder, witch it would
 created if it's not found. And as a side note the "Spam" folder was just a
example folder name. Really
 for are needs it would be a folder called "Meetings"

>> "so you have to ensure the folder existance at the user creation level
>> imho. thats the logical point to do exactly that.
>> checking for folder existance everytime a user might access a service is
>> stupid. it costs at least a stat() call per directory."

 Some how you missed the part.I'd like to make sure this use always has this
 folder. Aka if they delete it, I'd like it to be recreated.

 PS. In the end all's it comes down to is i was wounder if there was a way
 have dovecot auto create a folder or a list of folders at login. OR really
 if there was a way to tell dovecot a list of folders a user COULD NOT
delete
 (But could delete the folders in side).

 -- Chris L. Franklin --