[Dovecot] Hide non-accessable folder from users

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Tue Mar 22 22:13:54 EET 2005

Hi all,

In our faculty, people keep asking about shared mail folders. With Dovecot
up and running this should be no problem. I think we will have about 50
shared folders.

I did take a look at the various solutions, but not all of them are
useable. For example,
I do not want users to create sub-folders in shared folders. This means the
symlink
option is unuseable. In my opinion, the easiest solution is creating a
namespace and
create the shared folders in the location of this namespace. Every shared
folders gets
his own UNIX group ID.

Offcourse, this works great. The ony big disadvantage is that every users
'sees' all
shared mailfolders, even if the user does not have the proper rights to
access the
folders.

Is there a way to hide the non-accessable folders from users?

Best regards,
Remy Zandwijk