[Dovecot] problem with test69

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Fri May 13 11:00:37 EEST 2005

Hi all, I noticed a problem with test69. I can recreate it with the
following steps:

- create a folder
- copy about 200 emails from INBOX to this folder

The copy succeeds, I can see with rawlog that it actually moves the 200 emails
around. I can see on the spool that there are 200 emails. This is maildir,
with spool over NFS.

Now I immediately select the new folder. I now see only a part of the emails
reported. And with rawlog I indeed see something like:

* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft Junk)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft Junk \*)] Flags p
ermitted.
* 158 EXISTS
* 158 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 3] First unseen.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1115970206] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 217] Predicted next UID
2 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

My client faithfully reports 158 instead of 200.

If I now close/open my client, and re-select, I see 200.

This I can reproduce with several different clients, but its pretty
obvious it isnt a client issue. I also reproduced this with different users.

Anyone see this also? NFS issue?

Cor