[Dovecot] Stale imap processes

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Tue Aug 1 21:34:07 EEST 2006

Anyone have any theories or experiences as to why for a certain user,
some of his imap processes hang, and stay around for days and days?  He
just reported that his Thunderbird was timing out when trying to open
folders, I looked on the server, and he had 3 old imap processes from 1
week+ ago.  I killed those and his performance immediately improved.

He checks mail with Thunderbird > 1.5 from both Win and Linux,
Squirrelmail webmail, and pine.  Of those, pine is the only one that is
somewhat rare around here - any specific problems with pine's imap
client code that anyone knows about?

We have been using the dovecot-1.0-0.beta2.7 rpm for Fedora Core 5, I'm
updating to 1.0-0.beta8.2.fc5 to see if that helps, as well.  Just
curious if anyone else has seen this lately.

Thanks,
Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio