[Dovecot] Stale imap processes

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 2 11:16:08 EEST 2006

Am 01.08.2006 um 13:34 Uhr -0500 schrieb Fran Fabrizio:
>Anyone have any theories or experiences as to why for a certain
>user, some of his imap processes hang, and stay around for days and
>days?  He just reported that his Thunderbird was timing out when
>trying to open folders, I looked on the server, and he had 3 old
>imap processes from 1 week+ ago.  I killed those and his performance
>immediately improved.

Same here with NetBSD/i386 2.x.

For users that have "max. cached connections" set to 1, this means
effectively that they are locked out until an admin 'kill -9's the
relevant imap process. Seems to be a lot better with the 1.0beta8
that I downgraded to.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik