[Dovecot] Stale imap processes

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Thu Aug 3 23:58:58 EEST 2006

Ok, my head is swimming after catching up, but I think this is what I've
concluded...

I am using Fedora Core 5 and dovecot RPMs.  The RPM that shipped with
FC5 was:

dovecot-1.0-0.beta2.7

after observing the stale imap processed I upgraded this to:

1.0-0.beta8.2.fc5

Both of these are built with ioloop=poll.

I am still seeing the stale processes with beta8.  Sounds like I need to
build from source using ioloop=kqueue to maybe clear up this issue.  Did
I interpret this correctly?  And should I stick with beta8 or move to rc2?

Thanks,
Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio