[Dovecot] Feature request - Reduced View

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 10 23:02:03 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 11:31 -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:
> On August 10, 2006 6:14:00 PM +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 20:18 -0500, Robert Cooper wrote:
> >> That really sounds like an MUA function.  Dovecot is just a IMAP/POP
> >> server; any filtering or limiting is either done at delivery (via sieve,
> >> procmail, etc) or by the client after retrieval.
> >
> > Currently. Virtual folders will hopefully come some day to Dovecot.
>
> Isn't that (shouldn't that be) a client-side feature?

I don't see why it should be. If you're using multiple computers it's
easier to have the configuration in one place.

>   If it were a server feature, how would users configure it?

Sysadmin could configure global virtual folders (eg. Unread mail, Trash)
and users could define their own with eg. directly modifying some config
file or through some web UI. There are also at least 2 different IMAP
extension drafts specifying commands how to create and modify them.