[Dovecot] Dovecot - Issue with Maildir++ quotas

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 16 16:21:10 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 19:24 +0100, Andrew Richards wrote:
> Having configured these quotas in Dovecot, I notice that Dovecot
> appears not to exclude the 'Trash' folder from its quota calculation
> (which it should do, according to the Maildir++ spec).

Well, I don't agree with Maildir++ spec in here since Dovecot doesn't do
automatic cleaning of Trash.

For Dovecot v1.1 you can configure quota separately for different
mailboxes:

  # Quota limits are set using "quota_rule" parameters, either in here or in
  # userdb. It's also possible to give mailbox-specific limits, for example:
  #   quota_rule = *:storage=1048576
  #   quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=102400
  # User has now 1GB quota, but when saving to Trash mailbox the user gets
  # additional 100MB.

It also contains expire plugin:

  # Expire plugin. Mails are expunged from mailboxes after being there the
  # configurable time. The first expiration date for each mailbox is stored in
  # a dictionary so it can be quickly determined which mailboxes contain
  # expired mails. The actual expunging is done in a nightly cronjob, which
  # you must set up:
  #   dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool
  #expire = Trash 7 Spam 30
  #expire_dict = db:/var/lib/dovecot/expire.db