[Dovecot] From passwd-file to Postgresql database

Jonathan Ballet multani at free.fr
Wed Aug 16 16:26:07 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 13:48 +0000, Jonathan Ballet wrote:
>> In the dovecot-sql.conf file, I comment out the simplest query, and change the
>> default_pass_scheme to HMAC-MD5 (as in my previous setup).
>> I put my users from the passwd-file into my database, with the same user id, and
>> the same password (starting with {HMAC-MD5}) ...
>
> default_pass_scheme doesn't really matter if your passwords start with
> {HMAC-MD5} but it doesn't hurt either..

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.

>> dovecot: 2006-08-14 15:36:12 Info: auth(default): cram-md5(jon,xxx): password
>> mismatch
>
> Set auth_debug_passwords=yes and see what it shows? I guess it's reading
> the password wrong somehow.

I tried this too. It give me two new lines :
auth(default): client out: CONT  1  PDk2NTIzNjgzNjk [...]
auth(default): client in: CONT   1  am9uIGYwN2EyYzM [...]

However, I don't know what to do with it :/ Passwords are clearly not the same.

I must be missing something, but I don't know what :(

Thanks,
  -- Jonathan