[Dovecot] LDAP usernames with spaces

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu Aug 17 10:24:18 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 18:14 -0700, Tim Schafer wrote:

> I'm assuming it doesn't like the spaces.
> Any way around this?

You can set the allowed characters somehow. I forgot how, but check the
annotated config file.

> Also, I don't see any way to support the seperate username and userid
> where the username is for authentication
> and the userid is used for on disk pathname.
> Anyway to support this?

I know with SQL that's possible by just returning user= from the query,
I guess LDAP as well. I think Timo just posted about this in some other
ldap thread. Not quite sure though.

Sorry to be so vague, I just happened to have skimmed some messages that
seem to related to this recently.

johannes