[Dovecot] RC7: its issues or mine?

Tue Aug 22 22:16:50 EEST 2006

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 15:58 +0100, David Lee wrote:
>>> 2. We have some Pine usage in our UNIX cluster.  Historically this has
>>> taken advantage of the Pine "rsh mailmachine /etc/rimapd" ability to avoid
>>> the need for the password: pre-authentication etc.  (Yes, we realise that
>>> 'rsh' has security issues.)  But when I try making symlink "/etc/rimapd"
>>> point to "/usr/dovecot/sbin/dovecot" this fails:
>> "dovecot --exec-mail imap" is the correct way to do this.

> Could you document this in some prominent place, inside the package?
>
> While this is shown on http://wiki.dovecot.org/CommandLine, I find it
> awkward to go online to check. While a Wiki is a good complement to
> share some cheats, may I ask for a complete documentation to ship with
> the Dovecot tarball? Some systems even have policies as to manual pages.

I find your attitude a bit demanding and unreasonable, Matthias, but
maybe it is a language issue?

Dovecot is free software, so you are more than welcome to contribute to
the project in any way you so choose, including documentation, so
please, I'm sure Timo would appreciate the help.

--

Best regards,

Charles