[Dovecot] Restricting IP and/or user access (POP3/IMAP)

Phil Clare dovecot2 at trinipoint.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 17:59:18 EEST 2006

Hi,

The documentation says to authenticate only from a specific IP or network…
if you set this to 127.0.0.1 to indicate the local loop then this
effectively blocks every IP address but this one. Since the extra field is
in passdb then this would imply it can be done on a per user basis.

Have you tried this?

Phil