[Dovecot] Dovecot public folders ACL

typus vulgaris typus.vulgaris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 10:54:12 EEST 2006

Hi Jeff,

After I have read this post from your namesake I have made it works!
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2006-August/015634.html

Main idea is that dovecot-acl file in public/shared folder is read
only by owner!

To make it read by other users you have to define global vfile folder
in plugin ACL.

I have defined in dovecot.conf like this:

plugin {
      acl = vfile:/usr/local/etc/dovecot-acls
}

As I have folder separator /  I have to create in
/usr/local/etc/dovecot-acls folders that named as my public folders in
location for public folders like this:
/usr/local/etc/dovecot-acls/share/ as I have public folder in
/home/user/public/.share/

In /home/user/public/.share/ I have created dovecot-share file and in
/usr/local/etc/dovecot-acls/share/ I have created .DEFAUL file which
contain real ACL:
user=someuser lr

And it did the trick!

So I want to say that http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL does not clearly
explain the process :(

Hope my post will help someone...

PS. Thanks to Jeff Horner for make it clear for me...

--
typus
vulgaris