[Dovecot] Problems with subfolders in Thunderbird

Ian Thurlbeck ian at stams.strath.ac.uk
Wed May 17 18:34:29 EEST 2006

Dear All

Server:
dovecot-1.0.beta8 (compiled from source)
centos 4.3

Client:
thunderbird 1.0.8 on Fedora Core 4
on port 993

Using maildir

Normally (with the current UW-IMAP) I can create a folder
which may contain only messages or only folders.
If I create a folder which will contain only folders,
it is listed in thunderbird in light-grey italics. Subsequently
I can create message folders within this folder.

When doing the same thing using dovecot as the server, the
same options are available, but any attempt to create a folder
containing only folders is silently ignored and nothing
happens (nothing is created anywhere on the server filesystem).

Is this a known problem ?

I do not want to use the setting which allows you to create folders
which may contain both messages and folders.

Thanks

Ian

--
Ian Thurlbeck                http://www.stams.strath.ac.uk/
Statistics and Modelling Science, University of Strathclyde