[Dovecot] LDA Problem

Alexander Dreweke A.Dreweke at gmx.de
Wed May 24 10:09:00 EEST 2006

Hi

> Maybe this is not important, but I mistyped this line.
> Should be mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
> instead of mailbox_command =/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
> Don't forget to reload postfix config after changes.

I've checked the config line again and reloaded the postfix server.

> And you should put correct path to deliver instead of
> /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver. This is default location on
> my Debian server.
On my Debian server too. :-)

Ok. Now postfix finds dovecot deliver (juhuuu) thanks a lot. But another problem arose. :( I get the following error messages:

postfix/local[2051]: BD01D154E5C5: to=<root>, orig_to=<root>, relay=local, delay=20703, status=deferred (temporary failure)
deliver: mkdir(/var/mail/nobody/cur) failed: Permission denied
deliver: stat(/root/.dovecot.sieve) failed: Permission denied
deliver: mkdir(/var/mail/nobody/cur) failed: Permission denied

For testig purpose I replaced the /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver program with a shell script that shows me the given parameters and the set environment:
MAIL_CONFIG=/etc/postfix
SENDER=root at domain.ca
RECIPIENT=root at domain.ca
SHELL=/bin/bash
USER=root
LOCAL=root
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin
PWD=/var/spool/postfix
DOMAIN=domain.ca
SHLVL=1
HOME=/root
LOGNAME=root

So it seems that all necessary environment variables are set by postfix. But then I can't understand why deliver tries to create /var/mail/nobody instead of /var/mail/root.

Can you help me with this one too?

cu
  Alexander
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer