[Dovecot] cache_key assertion error 1.0.beta8

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Nov 20 04:58:54 UTC 2006

I just added auth caching with pam, and I'm getting this error:

dovecot: [ID 107833 mail.error] auth(default): file passdb.c: line 178
(passdb_init): assertion failed: (passdb->passdb->default_pass_scheme !=
NULL || passdb->passdb->cache_key == NULL)

A google search turns up
<http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2005-March/004117.html>
which looks approx like this except the assertion above is in passdb.c.

Anyway, is this a known problem in 1.0.beta8?  I've been reluctant to
upgrade to the rc's due to all the problems.

-frank