[Dovecot] SPA (NTLM) Authentication

Neil Briscoe neil.briscoe at adelix.com
Sun Sep 3 14:46:00 EEST 2006

> It would be nice if I could have the system check the
> /etc/exim4/passwd file and if the user wasn't there then check the
> /etc/passwd file - and ignore NTLM as it would normally.

Well, it might be nice, but I can see its clearly implausible, having
read through the config file and some of the referenced documentation.

So - the fact I'm about to change the user and password databases is an
issue I'll have to put before management just before I do it.

The piece of the jigsaw I'm missing is how to actually provide SPA
authentication.  Is it as simple as using something like :-

auth = ntlm
auth_mechanisms = ntlm
auth_userdb = passwd-file /etc/exim4/passwd
auth_passdb = passwd-file /etc/exim4/passwd

Any guidance appreciated.

Regards
Neil