[Dovecot] Effective UIDs Nad GID for VIrtual Users

rammstein-den rammstein-den at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 5 13:59:41 EEST 2006

Hello to All.
I have a system with FreeBSD 6.1 Release, Dovecot 1.0 Release Candidate 7.
I am a novice user in unix world and when my first deal with with Dovecot is Virtual users. User databes in master.passwd file (like a /etc/master.passwd) created by "pw". All works fine, BUT --- If user exclusivly virtual (there is no user with same name in system) IMAP folders are created normal with a right access rights(they described in dovecot.conf statically UID 555) - all cool - BUT when i trying to login with a Virtual user with the SAME LOGIN NAME as in SYSTEM (FreeBSD's /etc/master.passwd user) USER ---- going something strange:
imap folders that creating for this user takig wrong ACCES RIGHTS (access rights for system user), not statically with UID 555! What the ... ?!
-----------------------Edited Part of Dovecot.conf-----------------------------------------------------
default_mail_env = mbox:/var/new/%u:INBOX=/var/virtual/%u

auth default {
  # Space separated list of wanted authentication mechanisms:
  #   plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm rpa apop anonymous gssapi
  #mechanisms = digest-md5

  # /etc/passwd or similar, using getpwnam()
  # In many systems nowadays this uses Name Service Switch, which is
  # configured in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
  # passdb passwd {
  # }
#auth_user=root
#userdb passwd-file {
 # args = /bsd/dove/passwd
#}

userdb passwd {
args = /bsd/dove/passwd
}

passdb passwd-file {
 args = /bsd/dove/master.passwd
}

# /etc/passwd or similar, using getpwnam()
  # In many systems nowadays this uses Name Service Switch, which is
  # configured in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

  # static settings generated from template
  userdb static {
    # Template for settings. Can return anything a userdb could normally
    # return, eg.: uid, gid, home, mail, nice
    #
    # A few examples:
    #
    #  args = uid=500 gid=500 home=/var/mail/%u
    #  args = uid=500 gid=500 home=/home/%u mail=mbox:/home/%u/mail nice=10
    #
  args = uid=555 gid=125
  }

}
In logs I also have:
dovecot: Sep 04 22:47:03 Info: IMAP(radeon): Effective uid=1001, gid=1001
instead
dovecot: Sep 04 22:59:39 Info: IMAP( ): Effective uid=555, gid=125
I so angry!
P.S. Sorry for my english,my native language is Russian :)