[Dovecot] SSL_accept failed

Timothy Martin instanttim at mac.com
Sat Sep 9 20:28:29 EEST 2006

Hello, I'm new to dovecot. I just installed it a few days ago on
FreeBSD via the ports and got it up and running without too much
trouble. Although yesterday I turned on the SSL/TLS features and
tried to get secure connections to work.

I don't get any error messages when launching dovecot, I saw it
successfully create the SSL parameters after first enabling the
feature yet I can't seem to get a successful connection. Normal non-
ssl connections work fine.

What happens:
	1) my client claims to be attempting the connection.
	2) things go on for some time with nothing happening
	3) finally the dovecot log pops up with these messages
		dovecot: Sep 09 02:25:23 Warning: imap-login: SSL_accept() syscall
failed: EOF [x.x.x.x]
		dovecot: Sep 09 02:25:23 Info: imap-login: Disconnected:
rip=x.x.x.x, lip=x.x.x.x, TLS handshake
		dovecot: Sep 09 02:26:23 Info: imap-login: Disconnected:
Inactivity: rip=x.x.x.x, lip=x.x.x.x, TLS handshake

FYI: I've regenerated a fresh cert and key, just for dovecot and I'm
using Mac OS X's Mail client.

Any clues?

.tim