[Dovecot] Create subfolder

Hugo Dubé hugo.dube at servlinks.net
Mon Sep 11 16:20:28 EEST 2006

I have dovecot on Fedora Core 5 and I want to create a subfolder.  By
default it’s impossible!!!!  I setup dovecot for maildir and after I able to
create a subfolder.
But I can’t receive my old and new email on this format.

I read dovecot documentation at
http://wiki.dovecot.org/QuestionsAndAnswers#head-35b621e067b7e72c1d1e47886f4
00a1a784bd95c and its write:

For ordinary local Unix users, you may want to specify the mail environment
as "maildir:%h/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%n". There are two reasons. First,
mail can be delivered there without consuming the user's disk quota on the
home directory. Second, the user's home directory may prohibit access to any
users other than the owner and the privileged user root. Having the INBOX
outside the user's home directory permits mail delivery by programs running
without root privileges, but belong to the group mail.

I try it with maildir:%h/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%n and don’t work. I can’t
connect to my imap server
.

Help me please!!!

Hugo