[Dovecot] sieve unresolved problem

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Sep 11 17:44:17 EEST 2006

Amadou Toure wrote:
> What about the directory sieve script storage ?
> We use avelsieve on the squirrel mail web interface to edit and create
> script and the script are stored on the /var/home/first letter/username/
> (shared across the NFS)  but it seems that at the delivery process the
> LDA doesn't execute the script

You can't just place the sieve script in some random location and expect
dovecot to magically find it.  Right now, the only place that deliver
expects to find the script (and it *must* be named .dovecot.sieve) is in
the [virtual] user's home directory.  After 1.0 is golden, I would
expect that Timo might have some time to make that configurable, but I
wouldn't want to hold up dovecot trying to get that working now.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group