[Dovecot] Namespace with a single mailbox (for spam)

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Sep 12 09:16:51 EEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:11:11AM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
> Tom, are you using a sieve or delivery agent (procmail/maildrop) to
> handle final delivery to the IMAP folders based on the spam
> threshold?

Well, we do have some complex delivery process (using Exim filters and
several custom scripts) to get the messages to the spam box.

> If so, we use maildrop and include the following in our

However, it is not feasible right now to adjust the delivery process
to create the links.  The requirement is that the MTA knows nothing
about the existence of an IMAP server, and except for delivering the
mail in some preset/known locations, the IMAP server cannot expect
more from the MTA.

That's why I'm looking for something transparent to the MTA and system
- just some mapping on the IMAP server's side.

  Thanks anyway, regards,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/