[Dovecot] Dovecot go Down !

Channing channing-c at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 12 19:49:02 EEST 2006

Kleiton L R Soares wrote:
> Excuse-me mr. Luca. Translating to you understand.
>
> 	Hello Peoples of the list. I'm have a problem
>
> 	I'm have a wide with 400 people, each user have a self mail.
>
> 	But when my server receive much mails the dovecot goes down and only return
> to activity when i restart the service. The service dovecot don-t stop, the
> service dovecot don't answer !
>
> 	Somepeople can help-me ?
>
> 	Thanks !
>
> 	Agradeço desde já, Abraços. :)

Hello Agradeço desde já, Abraços,

There is some information that is needed before others can assist you.

1)   What version of Dovecot are you using?
2)   What services (IMAP/POP) are you having issues with?
3)   What operating system platform are you on?
4)   What filestore are you using (maildirs, mbox)
5)   What does your dovecot.conf look like?
6)   What information is in your logs?

Regards,
Channing