[Dovecot] MySQL Authentication

Peter Fraser Peter.Fraser at mayberryinv.com
Tue Sep 12 21:41:20 EEST 2006

Hi all
I have this interesting issue. I installed dovecot on FreeBSD 6.1. The
install went well. I'm trying to get it to use a mysql database that
postfix is already using to authenticate.

When I use this in dovecot.conf

userdb mysql {
     args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
    }
passdb mysql {
     args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
    }

I get this error.

auth(default): Unknown passdb driver 'mysql' (typo, or Dovecot was built
without support for it? Check with dovecot --build-options)

This is strange because I did compile it with mysql support. Any ideas
here?