[Dovecot] Not getting new mail notification

Robert Creager Robert_Creager at LogicalChaos.org
Wed Sep 13 16:08:56 EEST 2006

Charles Bueche wrote:
> Hi,
> maybee nothing to do with your case, but with my Thunderbird / Dovecot setup, I had to enable "check this folder for new messages" in all the folders I wanted to monitor within TB.

Don't think so.  I have that option checked, but it doesn't help.  When
I run the script below on the Linux server, I get all my e-mail from all
my folders.  To me, this says it's a Dovecot problem (or my setup/usage
of it).  The TB client is on a windows machine.

[robert at thunder Maildir]$ cat !$
cat ../bin/doveKick.sh
#!/bin/bash

find /home/robert/Maildir -type d -name new -exec touch {}/doveKick \;
find /home/robert/Maildir -type f -name "doveKick*" -exec rm {} \;

Thanks,
Rob