[Dovecot] Not getting new mail notification

Robert Creager Robert_Creager at LogicalChaos.org
Thu Sep 14 05:47:46 EEST 2006

Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> Robert Creager writes:

>>> Do the timestamps of the directories change, when you get new mail?
>>> Did you searched the mail archive for inotify/dnotify problems?

>> No, they don't change:
> I'm not sure if you described what kind of filesystem you have. Could
> you supply details of your filesystem (type and mount options)?

/dev/sda6 / jfs defaults 1 1

I had thought about the noatime mount option as I left this morning, as
I use that on by db mount point, but not on the root file system.

> your system. I think that if you solve the problem of the directory
> timestamp update, then you'll be alright.

Yeah, unless someone has some ideas on this, I'll have to hit another
forum ;-)

Cheers,
Rob