[Dovecot] Not getting new mail notification

Robert Creager Robert_Creager at LogicalChaos.org
Thu Sep 14 17:05:43 EEST 2006

Curtis Maloney wrote:
> Robert Creager wrote:
>>
>> /dev/sda6 / jfs defaults 1 1
>
> Check the list archives.  There have been problems identified in the
> past with JFS, though I don't recall specifics.
>
> Sorry I can't be more specific, but JFS does ring an alarm bell.

That was specific enough for a few hits in the archives, but, it appears
to be a non-problem these days.  I'll check my kernel sources this
weekend to see if I have the patches, but I suspect I should.

On this file system, when I touch a file in the directory, the directory
time is updated.  When I move a file into the directory, the time is
updated.  Anyone know how procmail does it?  I guess I'll have to write
some code and play around...

Cheers,
Rob