[Dovecot] SSL_accept failed

OpenMacNews openmacnews at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:43:36 EEST 2006

hi tim,

- -- On September 14, 2006 11:30:41 PM -0700  Timothy Martin
<instanttim at mac.com> wrote:

> I've also tested with openssl s_client commands (shown below). So
> given a particular cert/key the situation looks like this:
> 	Courier + Apple Mail:	works

tho not very informative of your issue, i can tell you simply that my
current sit'n is:

	Cyrus   + Apple Mail:	 works
	Cyrus   + Thunderbird: works
	Cyrus   + Mulberry:    works
	Dovecot + Apple Mail:  works
	Dovecot + Thunderbird: works
	Dovecot + Mulberry:    works

> I found an old message on the mailing list that basically just said
> that Apple Mail isn't working with IMAP-SSL support on dovecot

hmm ... are you specifically attempting to comm via imapS, init'g comms
@ port 993? or via TLS, init' the transaction over port 143?

> but
> that seems like it must be a bug that hopefully would be fixed (if it
> hasn't been already).

are you still seeing these errors you'd reported?

	design1st:/usr/local/openssl/certs root# openssl s_client -connect
	verify error:num=27:certificate not trusted
	verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate

if you are, then, again, have you IMPORTED the cert into mail.app?

if not, then dunno what to tell you :-( except that it 'smells' like a
cert problem ...

richard

- --

/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email, vCards
/ \  & micro$oft attachments

[GPG] OpenMacNews at gmail dot com
fingerprint: 50C9 1C46 2F8F DE42 2EDB  D460 95F7 DDBD 3671 08C6