[Dovecot] Nuby experiences

Victor Rini victor-rini at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 21:28:10 EEST 2006

Hello all,

I am new to dovecot and have had a good experience so far. I'm using
fetchmail - exim - dovecot - my email clients (mac os mail and
thunderbird so far). I'm also using Ubuntu Server i.e. debian.

I didn't like the inflexibility of mbox so I did a tweak to exim to
deliver mail to a Maildir folder in my home directory on the server. I
restarted Dovecot and it found it! Very nice but mysterious. I don't
remember if I did anything to the dovecot.conf file.

My clients balk at the ssl certificate that was created at install time.
I see a little bit of documentation on SSL. I'll struggle with it.

I'm going to look at more client setups like evolution and a webmail
client. Can anyone recommend a good ajax-driven webmail client?

Dovecot is good software. I'm happy I found it.