[Dovecot] Postfix - Dovecot - SASL

Matt elitescripts2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 15:58:54 EEST 2006

I am trying to get Dovecot - Postfix - SASL to work. So, I do not have to use
the pop-before-smtp goofy way of authenticating pop3 users when they want to
SEND mail.

dovecot.conf
------------
pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain login

  passdb sql {
      args = /home/digipanel/secure/programs/dovecot/config/dovecot-mysql.conf
  }
  userdb sql {
      args = /home/digipanel/secure/programs/dovecot/config/dovecot-mysql.conf
  }
  socket listen {
        client {
          path = /home/digipanel/secure/programs/postfix/queue/private/auth
          mode = 0660
          user = postfix
          group = postfix
        }
  }
}

postfix main.cf
---------------
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   permit_mynetworks,
   permit_sasl_authenticated,
   reject_unauth_destination

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth

postconf -a (yields dovecot so I know it is compiled into postfix)

Any ideas why it is failing? Am I missing something?