[Dovecot] DSpam plugin

Milan Holzäpfel listen at mjh.name
Thu Sep 21 00:10:37 EEST 2006

Hi.

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:24:25 -0400
Michael Blinn <mblinn at peopleplaces.org> wrote:

> I wonder if this is a permissions problem with the dspam executable. It is
>
> -r-x--s--- 1 root mail 494628 Sep 20 12:15 /usr/local/bin/dspam

In case you don't know: this means that the group the dspam executable
is running as is changed to mail on execution, and only root or members
of the group mail may execute it at all.  I have no idea in which case
this is needed.

Assuming that dovecot has switched to the mailbox's userid (or the
userid it got from the database) by the time it calls dspam I would
think that simple 0755 (rwxr-xr-x) permissions for the dspam executable
should be ok...

Regards,
Milan