[Dovecot] Dovecot - postfix SASL

Noel Jones noeldude at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 18:59:58 EEST 2006

On 9/25/06, Matt <elitescripts2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Im using Outlook Express.
>
> IT works fine when I use pop-before-smtp.pl ??? What needs to be done special
> with Dovecot in configuring Outlook Express?

To use autentication on any server you need to enable it in your mail
client.  This has nothing to do with dovecot - this would be required
no matter what software was providing the backend authentication.
In Outlook Express, look for the "this server requires authentication"
button under the mail account/ server properties.

There are instructions for testing authenticaion in the postfix SASL_README.