[Dovecot] Big sites using Dovecot

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Tue Sep 26 08:40:36 EEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:09:38AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 9/21/2006 Joshua Goodall (joshua at roughtrade.net) wrote:
> >If only I could make anti-spam services run so fast! Timo, could
> >you design a mail hygiene system next? Thanks
>
> Add ASSP in front of Postfix, and you'd reduce the load on Postfix
> dramatically...
>
> http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Postfix is not the bottleneck in mail hygiene.  When I said Postfix
was a potential bottleneck, I'm only talking about mail delivery.
AV/AS scanning is on a separate cluster of servers and is a whole
different kettle of worms :-)

I do question the wisdom of anything front-ending a high-quality
MTA - one of the reasons I use Postfix is *because* the protocol
speakers are written so well and are so high performing.

JG