[Dovecot] LDA and chroot

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Thu Sep 28 19:34:50 EEST 2006

Hi,

I'd like to ask: is it possible to use Dovecot's LDA with mail_chroot
variable set,
e.g. "mail_chroot = /serv/storage19/vmail"?
Without "mail_chroot" set all works fine.

If mail_chroot is set and user database contains relative paths to home
directory (without chroot part like
"domain.net/user") deliver ignores this and tries to work at real root,
while imap and pop3 processes founds home directory correctly.

If users database contains full paths deliver works correctly, but
imap/pop3 processes tries to access chroot directory + full path (and
fails).

Home directory in form "/chroot/path/./domain.net/user" solves the
problem..., but as I understand, it is jut form to override default.
Thus I can't  find a way to correctly set default chroot path.

Any suggestions?

Tnx,

Uldis