[Dovecot] SSL errors

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Fri Sep 29 19:00:13 EEST 2006

On Fri, September 29, 2006 11:47 am, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> said:

> Bill Boebel wrote:
>> I have a Dovecot server set up as a proxy and getting a ton of these
>> errors, but I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting it.  I'm
>> hearing frequently that Outlook users who use IMAP with SSL are
>> getting disconnected often as a result.  Any suggestions?...
>
> Need more details... Dovecot version? Platform?

Sorry... Red Hat ES4 (2.6.9-42.0.2.EL), latest dovecot CVS 20060926.

login_process_per_connection = no
login_processes_count = 3
login_max_processes_count = 10
login_max_connections = 4000
login_process_size = 64

Also added this to the dovecot init script to allocate more file descriptors to dovecot:

start() {
        echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
+       ulimit -n 16384
        daemon /usr/sbin/dovecot

Also, seeing this error occasionally...

Sep 29 11:34:15 director4 dovecot: imap-login: SSL_write() syscall failed: Bad file descriptor [166.137.221.91]

Maybe nothing to worry about now that I have increased "login_process_size".  Checking with customers to see if the Outlook IMAP SSL disconnects are still frequently occurring.

Thanks,
Bill