[Dovecot] [ rc28 ] dict{} seems to be ignored

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 2 13:30:38 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 10:35 +0200, Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT)
wrote:
> > If it updates maildir quota, it sees quota=maildir setting somewhere.
> > So since it's not in dovecot.conf, apparently it gets that from
> > userdb's user_query?
>
> yes it gets it from the userdb_quota field ... and infact the quota are
> honoured for the users ... only the "quota storage" seems to be ignored...
>
> the total quota a user has assigned to is retrieved from the "quota" field in
> the "mailbox" table (where user's info are stored, if he is active, and so
> on) ...
>
> As saied in the wiki I'm tring to "store" the actual quota used by the user in
> *another* SQL table ("quota") ... but it seems to be ignored ...

Sorry, but your reply is way too vague for me to even guess what the
problem could be. Show me the exact settings you have. Show
dovecot-sql.conf, your SQL tables and contents of one user's row. Maybe
even set mail_debug=yes and show what the logs say. Then I can point
exactly where the problem is without having to guess.