[Dovecot] The folder 'Inbox' cannot contain items. Namespace problems

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Apr 3 05:31:57 EEST 2007

Francisco Reyes writes:

> Several attempts to support both Mac and PCs keep failing.
>
> In my latest attempt I used the following settings:
>
> #courier-imap compatibility/Thunderbird
> namespace private {
>   separator = .
>   prefix = INBOX.
>   inbox = yes
> }
>
> For MAC OS Mail.app
> namespace private {
>     separator = /
>     prefix = INBOX/
>     inbox = no
>     hidden= yes
> }

Upgrade to r29 due to comment:
IMAP: LIST "" "" didn't return anything if there didn't exist a
	  namespace with empty prefix. This broke some clients.

Based on some TCP dumps we did we noticed that Outlook was doing LIST, but
no select (except at account) creation.

The upgrade did not help.
Still having the problem with r29.
Haven't done tcpdump yet, but Outlook and Thunderbird have problems if I
leave the second set of namespace for Mac support.

And without those settings Mac client doesn't work.