[Dovecot] 1.0.rc29 released

Yu Chen chen at hhmi.umbc.edu
Tue Apr 3 05:32:40 EEST 2007

>> I really have to agree with Kenneth here.
>> Specially after comments are made that the program has likely very few more
>> bug fixes needed before going gold.. Adding new features, specially if they
>> require any changes to the config file, makes little sense.
> Right!
> I was tracking the RC branches for a while, until one day ten percent or so
> of the users here (we're on mbox) couldn't open their mboxes.  Rolling back
> didn't fix anything, and it took another five RCs to get things stable again.

Totally agree here too. First, definitly thanks Timo for such a great
software and hardworking. But really, I have been a new user to dovecot
for a while, I was going to switch our system to dovecot, but really
got confused on when should I do it, since it always seems like just
a week before the final version, always...

> So now I'm running a nightly build from the rc25 era, and there I'm going to
> stay until I migrate either to Courier or to Dovecot 1.0 (assuming it ever
> ships.  We've been "real close now" for MONTHS...).

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chemistry Building, Rm 182
University of Maryland at Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone: 	(410)455-6347 (primary)
 	(410)455-2718 (secondary)