[Dovecot] dovecot forward multipart problem

Samuel HAMEAU samuel.hameau at idealx.com
Tue Apr 3 12:28:31 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> ..
>
>> Here is as attachement a diff of two maildir files : the one in the sent
>> folder, and the one received in an external domain.
>>

> I didn't really understand where you're forwarding the mail to. Is
> Dovecot also running there?

I was forwarding a mail comming from a user of the same domain (we are
running dovecot/maildir), to another domain which is running cyrus-imap
on mailbox.
> The extra '>' is added if the other server stores mails in mbox format
> and the mail isn't saved with Dovecot LDA. Dovecot currently doesn't
> remove the '>' from ">From " lines. Perhaps in future it should.
>
> But are you even running Dovecot in the remote server? Is this a Dovecot
> problem at all?
I'm not sure, i'll try to post another diff from a forwarded mail in our
domain, with the same problem description.

Thanks for your answer.
Samuel HAMEAU