[Dovecot] The folder 'Inbox' cannot contain items. Namespace problems

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Apr 3 17:24:53 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen writes:

> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 22:31 -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> Based on some TCP dumps we did we noticed that Outlook was doing LIST, but
>> no select (except at account) creation.
>
> Could you show me the tcpdumps?

Will report back today.
After we upgraded to r29 and had both namespaces Outlook and thunderbird
broke.

I took off the Mac support and myself and two co-workers that were helping
me test were about to call it a day. The co-worker testing the Mac support
tried it.. and it worked.

It seems that after taking the second namespace off now Mac mail was
also working (with r29). This is the first time I have been able to get PC
and Mac to work at the same time.

Will wait a day or two before reporting back. To give it some time for
customers to report back in case of problems.

> I can't think of why that would happen. The namespace is used only if
> the client is sending broken commands.

I will install rc29 in a test machine and set both namespaces, then do
tcpdumps.