[Dovecot] Login lockups

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Apr 3 23:52:57 EEST 2007

When dovecot works - it works great, and I thank you.  But it seems like
every time I setup a new server, it's a challenge getting the IMAP
logins to work reliably.

The changelog's top comment is stamped 2007-01-05, 18:48 if that helps
nail down the version (I'm using a Debian/Ubuntu package).

Both non-SSL and SSL logins have the problem.  This time around I'm
using LDAP authentication - and once I figured out how it worked
beautifully.  The problem is from time to time - with no particular
consistency - I lose the ability to log in.  A "telnet localhost 143" on
the server works with a Dovecot response, then followed with a "01 LOGIN
<user> <password>" results in a long delay, then a timeout, with no log
files affected.

What can I provide to try to trace this?

protocols = imap imaps
disable_plaintext_auth = no
login_process_per_connection = yes

--