[Dovecot] GSS/Kerb5, Solaris 10, how to build?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:33:06 EEST 2007

Gang,

I've been trying to build rc29 under Solaris 10 using either
"--with-gssapi" or Kerberos 5 ticket usage.  I'm trying to figure
out how to set up fetchmail on another S10 box to do IMAP fetches
from dovecot without having to enter a password.

No matter what configure option I try, I get

Building with GSSAPI support ........ : no

at the end of the configure.  I searched the list archives and
I see some discussion from Dan Price about Solaris 11 builds.
Is gssapi supposed to work with Solaris 10?  Advice please?

My dovecot server is a Kerberos 5 client of Active Directory,
with PAM configured to do TGT exchanges.  I can login to the
system with my AD password, ssh to other Kerb clients without
having to type in passwords -- Kerberos works at the OS level.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College