[Dovecot] [ rc28 ] dict{} seems to be ignored

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 6 11:59:40 EEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 10:35 +0200, Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT)
wrote:
> Ok, very well ... another issue with this is that if the table is  utf-8 then
> the maximum index size is 1000, but every char takes 4 .. so even with 255
> and 14 it should overflow this limit...
>
> but user has to be 255 as it can be an email address (and, if I remember an
> email address can be 255 chars) ..

It's actually larger. RFC 2821 says local-part can be 64 chars and
domain 255 chars. Anyway they are your own usernames, so you can use
whatever limits you want.

> .  maybe the quota table should never be utf-8 ... as I suppose, can you confirm ??

I guess it depends on if you want to have UTF-8 usernames. But I've
really no idea about MySQL.