[Dovecot] Error - Mailbox conversion: Failed to create destination storage with data

Mart Pirita sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Fri Apr 6 15:36:28 EEST 2007

Tere.

Using the latest v1.0.rc30, I'm trying to convert all users mbox -s to maildir with Dovecot
-s convert plugin (setup from http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Convert). But seems Dovecot
can't create the needed maildir folder into users homedir, as I'm getting the error:

dovecot: Apr 06 15:16:13 Error: POP3(spam): Mailbox conversion: Failed to create destination
storage with data: maildir:/home/testMaildir
dovecot: Apr 06 15:16:13 Error: child 7290 (pop3) returned error 89

Creating manually the "Maildir" folder into user homedir, the conversation works. On the
other hand, Dovecot is capable creating folder "mail" into users homedir?

Any hint to fix it?

And should the /var/spool/mail/test be automatically deleted by Dovecot after the
conversation is done?

--
Mart