[Dovecot] Multiple delivery with LDA+sieve

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Sat Apr 7 00:28:11 EEST 2007

OoO Vers  la fin de l'après-midi  du dimanche 25 mars  2007, vers 16:22,
John Robinson <john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk> disait:

>> I guess this duplicate checking could be done, but I wouldn't want
>> it enabled by default.

> You've got to be careful anyway, these so-called duplicates often come
> via different routes (e.g. directly and via a mailing list), may have
> been processed differently over those routes (e.g. have had
> attachments stripped), can't be trusted to have useful addressee
> fields, and won't necessarily arrive in the same order every time, so
> any rules for de-duplicating really have to be left to the mailbox
> owner and can't safely be applied server-wide.

By delivering  the mail  to the same  mailbox, the mailbox  owner should
want de-duplication.  We won't de-duplicate mails that  are delivered to
different mailboxes.

I will look at the duplicate database when I manage to get some time. :)
--
BOFH excuse #163:
no "any" key on keyboard